Thursday, March 30, 2006

KUPANG!!@#$%^$ pang ah pang

how is indonesia like?? well i am going to find out..

"pls blog ur expectation of the trip before you would leave ur home". this is what i tell everybody. but hay, i am the one who has yet to blog.

SO i am holding on tightly on the budah's leg at this very last moment on the Jet. Had slept at 12 a.m last night and intended to wake up at 3 to pack my bags and prepare all the last minute stuff. But great. Dear Mr alarm had forgotten to wake up himself, it was 6 a.m when i just squeeze everything in. No time for Gel, no time for contact lense, no time for shaver. But there is time for Edmund Chew. hahaha, he overselpt as well, as the initial plan was for us to collect some baggage at Budi's appartment at 7.30.. now is 7.30, i am at AMK to meet him and Zhenni.

I would finally understand the meaning of leading a team of 16 youths. It was chaos. People telling me all shorts of thingys to do, people doing their own stuffs. Worst still, i have asked 3 person to be counting the luggage and all of them only counted halfway, grewwww... great.. I don't know its so tough for group check ins.

ANd then, the tags are all seperated, slowly issuing the boarding pass one by one. When we reach jarkatar International airport, firstly, the custom wouldn't allow kellyn to enter. then one of captain's budi baggage gone missing >.<..

What a first day.

The team didn't have our lunch. The team is tired. I am drian. We were driven to our hostel by 4 rotarians. Great, the place is soo ulu, and also bumpy. AFter chosing our rooms, a short meeting, and dinner, all of us finally gone to sleep.

Here i am, in West Timor. Kupang to be exect. execited, proud, and looking forward to really be doing some great thingys. Had been asked form National Youth Council to be imposing Service Learning to every participants. Felt amaze that i have did such a Big project. All the sleepless nights have finally been paid off.

With a mission form myself and a mission form my nation, I have planned out all what i need to do for the trip. Hoping to impose my knowladge, hoping to grom a leader for SF 2, hoping to share how i think. I keep on telling myself not to stand out too much, for the only way one could see more is to be their own leader. And i would hope that this could be their own trip, and not my trip. Will try hard on that. Have fun, learn about their culture, make new friends and to do my very best for my dream--Equaility among all living thingys.

Felt really touch where all the committees work so hard together the week before,they are awsome, every single one of them. Thanks to everybody, we have arrive. we begain to write a book together.A huge book of 16 chapters. Never to be forgotten by the 16 authors. A book to be read by those who needs it, a book which might one day, causes the history to change.

A great book entitle: Seedlings Fission.

Image hosting by Photobucket
(our first meeting)

Image hosting by Photobucket
(waiting at the airport for kupang)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi YM,

Thanks for the reports and pictures, and thanks for all you guys had done to the kids and their families in Matani. I was so moved after following all the stories and finally got in touch with pak Budi. Then we created a blog at home.hiwaay.net/~roslin
and I had put a link to your blog without asking your permission firts. Now the blog is up and running and pak Budi is in the cockpit. It's time for me to contact you all and express my sincere thanks. Yes, I was from Kupang Timor, and I know some of the people you met there. At least I know who their families were when I was in Kupang some 40 years ago. :-)

BTW, can you convey my thanks to Marinah, please. I went to her blog but could not post a message and couldn't find her email address either. I also have placed a link to her blog from roslin weblog.

Terima kasih.
Dr T

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!